Jesus came so that we might have life and live it abundantly

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Total Surrender, No Matter What Life Brings or Doesn't



I was reviewing chapter one from "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God," by Lysa Terkeurst. This paragraph stood out to me today:

"You don't need perfect circumstances to be a woman who says yes to God. You don't need the perfect religious attitude or all the answers to religious questions. You simply have to surrender all that's clamoring for attention in your heart with the answer God is longing to hear spill from your lips, "Yes, God."

I had to stop and think about what was clamoring for my attention right now. I could list many things that are on my mind right now, and I'm sure you could too. I also asked myself, "Is God more important to me then having all of these issues resolved for me?" I believe that I need to get to a place where I can say yes to this in order to be able to call myself a YES GIRL.

I have a lot of things that I would like solved in my life right now, and many of those things are pretty valid and important, but if my focus is on them instead of on God, then I'm not really surrendering. God knows my needs, my wants, my hopes, my dreams and my desires, and He may give me some of them. But, fully surrendering means that I need to be okay if His answer to me is "No."

I need to let go of my wants, hopes, dreams and desires, and instead say YES to God's wants, hopes, dreams and desires. Ultimately, as I grow closer to God, mine will be the same as God's and there won't be a need to surrender anymore! I definitely look forward to that.

In the meantime, let's ask ourselves if the things that are clamoring for our attention are pushing God out of the way, and if they are, will we let them go in order to give God his rightful place in our thoughts, minds, hearts and souls? I'm ready to say yes to this, but I know that I will need God's help to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Such a strong post! Thanks for sharing. Found you through Kelsey's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete